Slow cooking in the crock pot is the easiest most delicious way to cook your pork! Simply put the seasoning and veggies in the pot with the meat on top and leave the meat until it has reached absolute pulled pork perfection! It’s perfect for barbeque sandwiches or served as is with collards, mashed potatoes and corn bread!
[recipe servings=10 time=5 Hours 5 Minutes Difficulty=Easy]
1 3-4-Pound Pork Shoulder
Salt And Pepper To Taste
1 Large Sweet Onion, Sliced Thinly, Plus More For Serving
½ Cup Water Or Broth
18 Ounces Barbecue Sauce (Homemade Or Store-Bought)
Hamburger Buns, Pickles, Lettuce, Tomato For Serving
- Season the pork all over with salt and pepper.
- Place the onions in the bottom of a slow cooker. Add pork on top and pour in the water/broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker and let cool slightly. Shred the meat with two forks or your hands. Discard any excess fat.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker and stir in the barbecue sauce.
- Heat through and serve on hamburger buns with toppings of your choice.