Dumplings with a twist! Napa cabbage gives the flavorful pork filling a refreshing crunch. Not only is this recipe delicious, it’s also keto friendly and perfect too throw in the dinner rotation!
[recipe servings=4 time=15 Minutes Difficulty=Easy]
1 Small Head Napa Cabbage
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
1 Pound Ground Pork
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
5 Scallions, Sliced Thinly
2 Inches Fresh Ginger, Peeled And Minced
½ 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, To Taste
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Eggs, Whisked
1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro, Minced
- Remove the 10 largest cabbage leaves from the head of napa. Trim the tough ends off the leaves (about 1-2 inches from the bottom).
- Thinly slice the remaining cabbage leaves, so you have about 2 cups of shredded cabbage (you may not need the entire cabbage).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and cook, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, for about 3 minutes. It doesn’t have to be cooked all the way through. Add the shredded cabbage, garlic, scallions, ginger, and red pepper flakes and cook until the cabbage softened about 5 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and push the pork mixture to one side of the skillet. Add in the eggs and quickly stir them into the pork mixture until just combined. Turn off the heat. Season to taste with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Microwave the cabbage leaves for 30 seconds to one minute to soften.
- To serve, fill the cabbage leaves with dumpling filling and garnish with fresh cilantro and sliced scallions.
CategoriesAppetizers Dinner Lunch Meal Vegetable