This easy to make Minestrone soup is loaded with hearty vegetables and packed with flavor! It’s quick to make on the stove stop and perfect to when you want a delicious bowl of soup.
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Leek, Sliced Into ¼-Inch Half Moons
2 Carrots, Peeled And Cut Into ½-Inch Pieces
3 Celery Stalks, Peeled And Cut Into ½-Inch Pieces
2 Small Yellow Squash, Cut Into ¼-Inch Half Moons
4 Garlic Cloves, Minced Parmesan Rind, Optional
1 Sweet Potato, Diced
1 15-Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes
6 Cups Vegetable Or Beef Broth
1 Can Cannellini Beans, Drained And Rinsed
1 Cup Elbow Pasta
2 Cups Chopped Kale
½ Lemon, Juiced
Grated Parmesan For Garnish
Fresh Cilantro, Chopped For Garnish
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leek, carrots, celery, squash, garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the parmesan rind (optional), sweet potato, tomatoes, and their liquid, broth, and beans, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, then stir in the pasta. Cook for another 7 minutes, until the pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the kale and lemon juice. Cover until the kale is wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with parmesan and cilantro.