Cauliflower has been a staple to many family’s tables due to its delicious versatility! A simple yet out of the box salad that’ll leave you surprised and satisfied!
[recipe servings=6 time=40 Minutes Difficulty=Easy]
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Large Yellow Onion, Sliced Thinly
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 15-Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes
4 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Pound Boneless Chicken Thighs
1 Butternut Squash, Peeled And Diced Into ½-Inch Pieces
1 Cup White Quinoa
1 Lemon, Juiced
Salt And Pepper To Taste
Fresh Cilantro For Garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onions and a pinch of salt cook for 5 minutes, until softened.
2. Add the garlic, thyme, and oregano and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
3. Add the tomatoes and broth and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and return to a simmer. Cook for 6-7 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, then remove the chicken to a plate and shred or chop.
4. Add the butternut and quinoa and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until the squash is tender.
5. Stir in the chicken and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish with cilantro.