This delicious vegan friendly salad is super delicious and easy to make! With both eggplant and lentil being packed with nutrients this salad is ideal to prepare this season!
[recipe servings=4 time=50 Minutes Difficulty=Easy]
1 Large Eggplant, Diced Into ½-Inch Cubes
1 Cup Brown Lentils
1 Bay Leaf
1 Teaspoon Salt + More For Seasoning
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
⅛ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
¼ Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
½ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 Lemon, Juiced
¼ Cup Golden Raisins
¼ Cup Pistachios, Toasted And Diced
Fresh Dill, Minced
Pepper To Taste
- Place the eggplant in a colander, sprinkle generously with salt, and let sit for 10-15 minutes to drain off excess moisture.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the lentils, bay leaf, 2 cups of water, and a teaspoon of salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, loosely cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Rinse the eggplant and gently squeeze dry with a clean dishtowel. Place on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil to coat. Roast until crisp and brown, 10-15 minutes. Stir halfway through.
- When the lentils are done, remove from the heat and stir in the ginger, turmeric, cumin, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a serving bowl, combine the lentils, eggplant, golden raisins, pistachios, and dill.