Take your Bok choy to the next level by charring it. Charring the Bok choy imparts a beautiful smoky flavor to it. Drizzle the gochujang honey butter over and serve with rice or chicken!
[recipe servings=6 time=35 Minutes Difficulty=Easy]
3 Bok Choys
¼ Cup Of Neutral Oil
A Small Pinch Of Salt
2 Teaspoon Gochujang
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Teaspoon Honey
½ Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the bok choy and cook until fork tender, about 7-9 min.
2. Transfer the bok choy to a large bowl of ice water to shock them and preserve their beautiful green color. Drain the water and pat the bok choy dry.
3. In a cast iron or large pan, heat up the oil on high heat. When it starts to smoke, add the bok choy, pressing them down to adhere to the pan. Rotate as each side chars. This should take about 5 min. Finish with a pinch of salt. Transfer to a cutting board and cut each bok choy in half.
4. While the bok choy is charring, melt the butter either in the microwave or in a small pan. Transfer the melted butter to a small mixing bowl, and add the gochujang, and honey, mixing well with a whisk.
5. To plate, drizzle the gochujang honey butter over the bok choy and scatter the sesame seeds over. Finish with another little pinch of salt.