These delectable fritters are great for an appetizer, a small pick me up snack or to pair with breakfast or dinner! Be sure to make extra, we are sure everyone will love them!
[recipe servings=4 time=1 Hour and 15 Minutes Difficulty=Easy] [recipe-ingredients]
½ Spaghetti Squash
1 Shallot, Sliced Thinly
½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
½ Cup Grated Parmesan
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Egg, Beaten
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
½ Teaspoon Pepper
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out the spaghetti squash seeds. Sprinkle the flesh generously with salt and pepper and place cut side down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 40-50 minutes, until the squash is fork-tender.
- Scrape the cooked squash into a strainer. Place a heavy bowl on top to press out as much liquid as possible and let it drain for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked squash to a mixing bowl, along with the shallot, flour, parmesan, garlic, egg, salt, and pepper. Combine until just mixed. The mixture will be wet.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Shape the squash mixture into patties about 2 inches in diameter and gently place in the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through.