This recipe is absolutely delicious! Because we used squash instead of pasta, it makes this recipe a very low carb meal. Not only is it high in vitamins and minerals, but it’s a great way to give your seafood a fall taste!
2 Small Spaghetti Squash
3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Divided
1 Pound Large Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Tablespoon Capers, Drained
1 Shallot, Minced
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
½ Lemon, Juiced
Fresh Basil, For Serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and place cut side down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 40-50 minutes, until the squash is fork-tender.
3. Cool slightly, then scrape the squash out into a bowl.
4. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp is pink and curled into a C shape. Remove the shrimp from the skillet.
5. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet. When melted, add the garlic, capers, shallot, and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant and the shallot is softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
6. Add the squash and shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring, until just warmed through. Turn off the heat and garnish with basil to serve.