Eggplant is a vegetable that infuses with flavors its’ surrounded with in every dish. This recipe is an all-time favorite that immerses the richness of eggplant, tomato and basil with the other ingredients in such a fresh delightful way.
3 Cups Breadcrumbs
1 Cup Flour
6 Cups Tomato Sauce (see our Worthy Recipe) or Store Bought
¾ Cup Basil
12 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese
1 Cup Parmesan
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Peal and slice eggplant into ¼” disks
3. Crack eggs and beat in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, combine flour, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and stir.
4. Dip eggplant into egg then flour mixture on both sides, then lay flat on a baking pan in a single layer. Bake for 8 minutes on each side.
5. Slice onions and mushrooms then sauté in a pan on low until caramelized.
6. In a 12” round or 9” x 13” dish sprayed with oil, spread tomato sauce covering the bottom.
7. Place a layer of eggplant, then sauce, onion, mushrooms, cheeses and chopped basil, then repeat until all ingredients are gone.
8. Cook at 350 for 35 minutes or until bubbling.