For all you Quiche Lovers, this savory and scrumptious delight is perfect for breakfast or lunch. A great alternative to those same old same old breakfast choices. Switch out the cheddar with some other delectable cheeses to add some more variety. Enjoy! A Rich and Savory meal that is versatile and great for any occasion! The Roasted Broccoli Quiche is a Beautiful dish to bring to any table.
[recipe servings=6-8 time=50 Minutes difficulty=easy]
Crust (optional, can replace with
store-bought Pie Crust)
1¼ Cups All-Purpose
1 Stick Unsalted
Butter, Cold, Cut into Small Pieces
½ Teaspoon Kosher
2 Cups Small
¾ Cup Milk
¼ Teaspoon Cayenne
1 Garlic Clove,
Minced or Grated
¾ Cup Grated
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- To make the crust, pulse the flour and salt in a food
processor. Add the butter and pulse several times to break it down. Add
water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing just until the dough comes together,
about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface
and form into a disc, handling it as little as possible. Cover in plastic
wrap and put in the freezer for 20 minutes or the fridge for an
- Meanwhile, add the broccoli to a sheet pan, toss with
the olive oil and a pinch of salt, and roast for 13 minutes, until tender
- Remove the chilled dough from the freezer/fridge and
roll it into a circle at least an inch larger than a 9-inch pie plate.
Fold the circle in half and quickly transfer it to the pie plate. Press it
into the plate and trim off any excess dough.
- Dock the crust by poking it with a fork all over. If
you have pie weights, place them on a piece of parchment paper on top of
the crust. Place the pie plate on a baking sheet and bake the crust for
10-15 minutes, until it is set but not colored.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cayenne,
garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Fold in the broccoli, cheddar, and
- Pour the quiche filling into the crust and bake for 20
minutes, until the center is firm.