Attention all Egg fanatics! If you’re looking for a new way to shake up your breakfast you should give this Shakshuka recipe a go. It’s a great way to start off the day!
[recipe servings=4 time=35 Minutes difficulty=easy]
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 White Onion, Thinly
1 Red Bell Pepper, Thinly
½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
¼ Teaspoon Crushed Red
Pepper Flakes, to Taste
1 28-Ounce Can Crushed
1 14-Ounce Can Whole
1 Bunch Collard Greens,
Destemmed and Roughly Chopped
Feta, for Topping
Fresh Herbs, for Topping,
Sliced Avocado, for
Crusty Bread, for Serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the
onion and peppers, reduce heat to medium, and cook until softened, about 5
minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and paprika, and stir until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stir well, and bring the sauce to boil. Reduce
heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes to allow the flavors
to develop, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Stir in the collard greens.
- Make 4 small wells in the sauce and gently crack an egg into each
well. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes, until the egg whites set and the
yolk is still soft. You can cook for longer if you like a firmer egg yolk.
- Top with feta, herbs, and/or sliced avocado and serve with crusty
toasted bread on the side.