Who cares about calories? This one is all about the taste. A wonderful summertime dessert to hoard all to yourself or share with your friends. Trust me when I say, “Your mouth will smile once your taste buds get a hold of this one!”
4 Cups Fresh Peaches Pealed
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1½ Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
¾ Cup Milk Whole or 2%
6 Tablespoons Butter ¾ Stick
Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream Optional
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Add stick of butter to 9”x9” glass baking dish place in oven to melt 3 minutes.
3. In a large bowl toss Peaches with ½cup of sugar.
4. Remove glass dish with butter and add peach mixture back to oven for 10 minutes.
5. Mix remaining 1cup sugar, baking powder, salt and flour and stir well.
6. Remove peaches from oven, drain syrup into a bowl.
7. Add one half of peaches, milk and ½ of syrup to dry mixture.
8. Pour back into baking dish add remainder of cooked peaches onto top.
9. Cook 45 minutes or until bubbling and light brown.
10. Serve with ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
11. Drizzle remaining peach syrup over desert and or toppings for a beautiful presentation!