A favorite all year round. This delicious potato salad will leave you feeling happy. For all the carb cravers, this one is definitely for you.[recipe servings=2-4 time=40 minutes difficulty=easy]
2 pounds fingerling potatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
¾ teaspoon salt
½ red bell pepper, diced
1 large bunch Lacinato Kale, ribs and stems removed
1 (5-ounce) bunch basil
1 garlic clove
¼ cup chopped walnuts
1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
½ lemon, juiced
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if necessary
Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Toss to coat fully. Place the baking sheet on the bottom of the oven or the lowest rack and roast for 20 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a rapid boil. Add ice to a large bowl nearby and have tongs ready. When the water comes to a rapid boil, add the kale leaves all at once. Blanch until bright green, about 30 seconds, then use the tongs to transfer the kale into the ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain the kale and squeeze well to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Add the kale, basil leaves, garlic, walnuts, Parmesan, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt to a food processor. Blend for a few seconds to break down. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil, adding enough until the pesto is smooth. Stop the motor, taste, and adjust seasoning.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl, along with the red pepper and kale pesto. Toss to coat the potatoes fully in the pesto.